This is one of the most satisfying raw vegan dinners I have ever created. I think you will love it, if you like fresh meals with a kick.
8 romaine lettuce leaves
1 tomato sliced in strips
1 mango sliced in strips
1 avocado sliced in strips
1 tbsp Mazi habanero harvest hot sauce (or any hot sauce you choose)
1. Double layer the lettuce leaves to reinforce them. You are making four lettuce tacos with this recipe.
2. Fill the lettuce boats with the tomato, mango, and avocado. You can also add chopped lettuce or other greens to the filling. Then top with hot sauce (to your taste).
3. Pick it up and eat it like a taco. I give you permission to eat this whole recipe – or share. This is also easily doubled. If a whole avocado is too much for you, then use half, or as much as you desire.
This homemade, gluten-free and vegan quesadilla was so fresh and filling; the flavor combinations were exceptional. I am really proud of this one, and I hope you enjoy it too.
1 brown rice tortilla
1/4 of an avocado, smashed
1 handful of arugula
1/8 cup cilantro
1/4 of a ripe mango, sliced
1 tbsp soy-free veganaise
1/2 of a tomato, sliced
1-2 tbsp kimchi*
Always opt for fresh, organic, local ingredients whenever possible.
*Make sure you purchase organic, real kimchi or make your own. Many kimchi brands are filled with chemicals and junk your body does not need.
1. Lightly grill tortilla in a nonstick pan on low-medium heat for about 20 seconds on each side to soften
2. Layer your tortilla as desired. My best tip: Place smashed avocado on one side and the soy-free veganaise on the other side and then layer from there. This helps everything to bind together.
3. Fold the tortilla in half and then cook each side until golden brown and lightly crisped.
Recipe yields one tortilla, but you can easily make as many as your heart desires.
I’ve priced each organic quesadilla at approximately $3.25 to make.