If you’re looking for a healthy, peanut buttery treat made with minimal ingredients, look no further. These chocolate peanut butter fudge cups can be frozen and enjoyed like a hard shell peanut butter cup or thawed in the fridge for more of a fudge-like consistency. I prefer the latter. They are so yummy at that partially soft, fudgey consistency. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
2/3 bar of vegan dark baking chocolate (I used 4 large squares of Dagoba unsweetened dark baking chocolate.)
1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or plant milk of choice)
2 scoops vegan chocolate Shakeology (or protein powder of your choice) The flavor of Shakeology really makes this treat extra delicious.
2-3 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
6 tbsps natural peanut butter
1. Melt chocolate with 1/2 a cup of plant milk in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. Settings will vary, so keep an eye on the chocolate, occassionally pausing the microwave to check and mix the chocolate. You will want the chocolate to be fully melted and creamy once stirred.
2. Next, add in Shakeology and maple syrup and mix well to combine. If the mixture is clumpy add more plant milk to achieve a very thick brownie-like consistency. You don’t want to make the mixture too runny, because since this is an oil-free recipe, it won’t hold together with too much liquid.
3. In a silicone muffin tray, place a heaping tbsp of chocolate mixture into each cup (recipe yields 6). Spread evenly coating the bottom of each cup.
4. Place a dollop of peanut butter on top of each chocolatey base. Lift and tap the muffin container on the countertop to evenly spread out the peanut butter, or use a spoon to spread it around.
5. Evenly top the cups with the remaining chocolate. Use a spoon to evenly spread the chocolate to the edges of each cup.
6. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours. You can enjoy these treats at more of a semisoft fudgey consistency or fully hardened, more like a peanut butter cup. After they set, you can store them in the freezer or refrigerator.
For more information about vegan Shakeology, health, fitness, the plant-based lifestyle, or working with me as your health and fitness coach, please reach out to me at email@example.com or find me on Instagram @sproutnblossom.