Did you know that cranberries are excellent for cleansing kidneys and boosting the immune system? I wanted to try something new for breakfast today, and wow this quinoa porridge I put together is so delicious and warming for the cold winter months. I hope you enjoy it too.
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 drop almond extract
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
cranberries, almonds, and cacao nibs for garnish (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the almond milk, cranberries, quinoa, and maple syrup to a boil, mixing often.
2. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occassionallly. It will thicken.
3. Once the cranberries have softened a bit and the porridge thickens, turn off the heat.
4. Stir in the coconut sugar, almond extract, and pumkin pie spice.
5. Leave to thicken in the pot for a few minutes.
6. Serve hot or warm in a bowl topped with almonds, cacao nibs, and a few cranberries.
This recipe serves 1, but can easily be doubled or tripled. You can also reduce or add liquid depending on your consistency preferences. Enjoy!