Wow. This is the first post I’m writing since having my baby. It feels good to be writing and creating again. So many people have asked if I will be sharing info about my pregnancy and birth story, and yes that will be coming soon. But first… Banana Bread!
1 and 3/4 cup spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
3 very ripe large bananas
1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup*
2 heaping tbsp coconut oil
+extra oil to grease pan
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp applesauce
*I wanted a mild, lightly sweetened bread, but if you want a sweeter bread, add more maple syrup.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then grease a 9-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients until well-incorporated.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork, then add in all remaining wet ingredients and mix together. I kept my bananas moderately chunky.
4. Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix with a large spoon until combined evenly. (I tasted the dough at this point and it was pretty delicious.)
5. Spoon out mixture into the loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown and the center comes out clean with a toothpick test.
I served mine with baked apples and pears (pictured below).