This is a recipe for sprouted tofu prepared in coconut butter over kale and arugula topped with fresh ground white pepper, fleur de sel, and honey drizzle! It was delicious!
3 oz. organic sprouted tofu, cut into thin squares
1-2 TBSP raw coconut butter
freshly ground white peppercorns, to taste
a sprinkle of fleur de sel (or sea salt to taste)
herbs of your choice; I used dried sweet basil
fresh kale and arugula
1-2 TBSP local raw honey (or sweetener of your choice)
1 TBSP balsamic vinaigrette (optional)
1. Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat over the stovetop and melt the coconut butter.
2. Immediately place the tofu into the pan, turning often and pan searing until it becomes a light golden brown. You may have to lower the heat on your stovetop during this time.
3. Mix the kale and arugula in a large bowl. I used an abundance of greens, because it is healthy and filling. You can drizzle and toss the greens lightly in balsamic vinaigrette, if you like.
4. Place the cooked tofu over the greens and sprinkle with fleur de sel, pepper, and herbs.
5. Finally, drizzle the dish with honey and enjoy!