This cheese was surprisingly easy to make and delicious too! It does take some prep work and time, but the effort was well worth the result.
1 1/4 cup raw organic almonds
juice of 1/2 a lemon
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic
pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
fresh herbs of your choice
1. Soak almonds in water over night. Drain them in the morning.
2. Remove skins from the almonds and place in a food processor or blender.
3. Add all additional ingredients except for herbs and process/blend on high speed until smooth.
4. Place mixture in cheese cloth over a colander with a bowl underneath to catch any excess liquid.
5. Give the cheese cloth bag a few squeezes to remove extra moisture from the cheese. Then mold into a ball, twisting the top of the cheese cloth.
6. Refrigerate for about eight hours.
7. Remove cheese cloth and form cheese into a round, flatter cheese wheel and press fresh herbs into the top.