These muffins, which can also be served as cupcakes, are so delicious! I adapted the recipe from another recipe I found, and they turned out great! They are so yummy that frosting is completely optional. Arguably, these can probably also be served as breakfast muffins.
1/3 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup sugar of choice
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour or a homemade mix
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pumpkin pie spice
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4-1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips (depending how much chocolate you like) I like these because they are vegan and soy-free.
*Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prep the muffin tin with liners.
2) Hand whisk together the oil, sugar, nondairy milk, and vanilla extract.
3) In a separate bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Transfer powdered materials to the liquid mixture. Gently whisk everything until well combined.
4) Fold in the pumpkin and then fold in the chocolate chips, saving some of the chips to garnish the top of the cupcakes (garnish optional).
5) Fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full. Garnish the tops with the additional chocolate chips. You can also make a homemade frosting or drizzle maple syrup on these. Yummy!
6) Bake for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 12 muffins or cupcakes. Enjoy! Happy Fall!